Saturday, June 28, 2008

PR9JECT FIT






















PR9FIT is a project
taking a leaf out of Sidney's exhibition
tribute to the sick wears and fits in the streets
giving props to those switching up a level
closet style checkers, we all are
corner of your spy eye can't help peeping
"who that decked in Margiela?"
"what is Jack wearing?"

PR9FIT strives to serve as a platform
to seek the street fad we yearn to earn
should you think your Lanvin high tops deserve a mention on PR9FIT
do not hesitate to email in entries
on what you wore today
details are and not flaunted at sender's will

WELCOME AND ENJOY



EXCERPT

"From 1980 to 1981, performing artist Teching Hsieh punched a time clock every hour on the hour, twenty-four hours a day, for an entire year, to observe the passage of time. My series, entitled What Are You Wearing Today?, is an exercise in time and digital replication. I photographed myself everyday for an entire year, from March 10th, 2007 until March 10th, 2008. Like Teching Hsieh’s Time Piece, I illustrated the passage of time by shaving my head and letting it grow throughout the duration of my work. This subject of transience can also be observed by my jeans, which I have worn every single day to coincide with my growing hair. Both elements signify change and growth that conformed to my body throughout this year-long piece."